I was tagged by Pastor Sharon to list six uninteresting things that I like, so here goes:
1. Henry James - I think he's interesting, but no one else does. It's pretty bad when I know more about him and his work than any of my teachers do.
2. Buttons - my grandma had a button tin, and I inherited it. No one else wanted it, so there was no question of my taking it. She told me to take it when she was dying, but I wasn't going to haul it off while she was still breathing - that would not have been cool. There are a zillion different buttons in there, collected over a good fifty year period. I used to take them out and play with them when I was a child, and I still do, usually when I am missing her more than usual.
3. Lemons - I adore them. I need them. I started craving them when I was pregnant with my son and I still love them. I eat the whole lemon, like everyone else would eat an apple. Skin and all. They are my Prozac. As soon as I finish this post, I am running out to Quizno's for my fifty cent iced tea refill, with all the lemons I can fit in the cup.
4. Literary agency - the history and nature of literary agency is a huge part of my doctoral dissertation. I'm in bed with it 24/7. Move over, Henry James.
5. NASCAR - Not uninteresting, but I can't think of anything else to write. Of course I find everything that I think is interesting interesting, so it's hard for me to think of something that might be uninteresting. People are often surprised at my affection for racing, so that's why I am including it.
6. Chinchillas - I adore my giant mouse friends!