Monday, July 20, 2009

Animal Friends, Panic, Etc.











The usual Monday-ness . . .
So my mom called twice this afternoon to complain about the jeweler (who did not fix her ring properly) while I am having a program, which is essentially taken over by a summer camp group that will not behave. I cut the program time to get them out of here.
In the middle of the program, my ex calls to tell me that my daugher lost half of her loose tooth during ranch camp this morning, and he is taking her to the dentist to get it taken care of. Great, I am glad he is handling it, since the last time that he was the only parent around when she needed attention of this sort, he dropped the ball. They were in New Hampshire last summer with his mom and her people - who are nightmares personified - when Barbara shut her thumb in a truck door when at the store with her grandma. She came home with a broken and unattended-to thumb. She had a cast for over two months. Poor kid was home with me before getting an ER visit. Nice job, Dad, and what about grandma? Aren't grandmas supposed to look out for you? She started school with a huge purple cast up to her elbow. For a thumb, I tell you.
And now . . . something ate my other blog. The site that sponsors it is down, too. Both are hosted by WordPress. What is up? Maybe I should import it into this one . . . something to think about.
Good thing about today - my boss is back after a two week vacation! I love my boss. Bad thing about today - I have to go to my parents' to drop off the receipt for my mom's ring, sure to catch the blame for all the problems she has been having with the darn thing.

6 comments:

Ice Queen said...

I was vacationing with my dad when I was younger and woke up one morning with pink eye. He reacted by calling my mother and asking her to wire him money to get some visine. Yeah...

Millennium Housewife said...

wow wee what a day- and the thumb thing? Not good grandparenting!

Hit 40 said...

Wow Millennium Housewife is making the rounds today!!! I think she stalked all my friends. That's ok. Just funny.

Drop off the receipt and say you have to go because your daughter is hungry.

Mike said...

My Dad went out and left me and my brother home alone. We were about 12 and 9, My brother went through a glass door and got 100 stitches in his face and my father waited a month before he told my mother, hoping that the scars would fade!

Medora, I may have overlooked you, but you were not forgotten! Sure make me feel bad, I added a lot of people after the initial post was made, about 12 of them actually! You are now on there!!!
Hit 40- NANANANA!

darsden said...

dang it stinks when I come in last of hit 40 and otin...makes me boil!...but your babies are cute!

Medora said...

These are great stories - I will not tell my ex about them, though, because he won't feel bad about being such a terrible dad in emergency situations.